[CentOS] HP Proliant ML G6 problem.

Rafał Radecki

radecki.rafal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:32:52 UTC 2009

Hi all.

I try to install CentOS 4 x64 on HP Proliant ML G6. Anaconda doesn't
correctly recognise the DVD-RW drive despite the fact that the installation
starts from it. Also when I choose network (HTTP/FTP) installation type the
ethernet card isn't correctly recognized. On HP website there aren't any
drivers to use during installation only rpms and source rpms which (as I
think) are useless at install time and can be used only when the system is
installed.

I also tried CentOS 5 x64 and there are no problems with my hardware then,
the installation is ok.

DVD-RW is: HP Super Multi DVD Rewriter GH40L E2C
NIC is:  HP NC107i Integrated PCI Express Gigabit Server Adapter

What should I do? Where to start from to solve the problem?

With regards,
R.