[CentOS] For you old-timers, an RS232 question about data rate confirmation.

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Tue Sep 1 20:16:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Barry L. Kline wrote:

> Short of writing my own program, can anyone point me to a good tool for
> that purpose.   yum search RS232 and yum search serial haven't provided
> what I'm looking for and I can't imagine that this isn't already done.

Are the Kansas City cassette tape storage PLL sampling
routines still about?  Or hit ^h repeatedly, until sync is
achieved, as we did in the old modem days .... 110 bps v 300
on a good link with a Don Lancaster Pennywhistle modem ;)

As I understand the problem it may be that the signal could
degrade from whatever max data rate the circuit is rated for.
I am not aware of a resampling routine in any recent kit that
CentOS ships

-- Russ herrold