[CentOS] sendmail routing

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Sep 3 02:34:25 UTC 2009

>> Well, give the ricker hack a try.
>>

> Will do but I want to understand it a bit better before I do.

Of course. Therefore the question I posed below.

>> Is that sendmail box also the mx for the domains concerned?
>>

> Currently yes but I will be changing the MX for the one domain that
> I want to route from the development system to the production system.
> Now that we have moved the production systems to a co-location facility
> I am trying isolate the two environments as much as possible and moving
> the one domain name over is just one part of this. Part of the problem
> here is that we will be retaining sales/support staff at the our
> development offices (no mater how hard I tried I just could not
> squeeze them into that half-rack cage).

If the box is the also the mx for the domain for which you want to do
special routing, I believe there will be a problem if you apply that
sender_based_routing patch. They cannot share the same mailertable
lookups. Another table lookup needs to be defined for sender_based routing.

I will see if I can cook up something on a Centos 4 box.