[CentOS] Kickstart help

Daniel Burkland

dan at dburkland.com
Fri Sep 4 00:16:31 UTC 2009

Hey all,

I have sort of an odd request for you today in regards to Kickstart
configuration. I have recently created a kickstart configuration file to
better standardize the configuration aspect of my server installations.
I am having one issue and that is distributing a script (yum-check) via
the kickstart file (in %post section). Parts of the script get written
to the correct file (/usr/bin/yum-check & /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron)
however variables in the individual scripts I believe are getting parsed
by Kickstart. The parsing of these variables is preventing them from
being written to the respective file. I am wondering if any of you have
ever distributed a shell script via kickstart before and if so how did
you do it? I would also like to mention that I have attempted to wget
the script to the current directory (after cding into /usr/bin/ for
example) with no luck. I have attached my kickstart configuration file
so you can get a better picture of what I'm trying to do.

Thanks a lot,

Dan