[CentOS] OT: Forum or mailing list for Bash-related questions?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 18:02:59 UTC 2009

Niki Kovacs wrote:

>> Not sure about a mailing list or group ... but I thought I would post
>> this resource.  It is where I go when I want to find bash info:
>>
>> http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/
>
> This is the other resource I'm using besides the book. But I'm
> specifically looking for a place to ask questions when there's something
> I can't figure out with the documentation.

I'm not quite sure I see the point of using esoteric bash features.  There's a
place for widely portable bourne-shell syntax, and a place for simple things
that you can do with text substitutions and i/o redirection, but if you need
more than that, why not just switch to perl or another more capable (and perhaps
even more portable) language?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com