[CentOS] SQL Server 2005 and CentOS?

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Sep 8 16:10:33 UTC 2009

>Question: Does anyone run SQL server from XP in a virtualbox on CentOS?
>Any other configuration that works on a linux server?
>I do not want to have to buy another server grade machine just for this
>application.

XP has a tcp connection limit, so unless you have <10 users that won't work.
I sure hope your DB is not IO intensive, that doesn't sound like a rock solid
setup really...

You need to also pay *SERIOUS* attention to vb's bluff on writeback to the
underlying OS or if anything goes wrong, you *will* be left with a corrupt
block device. You can tune this parameter.

Personally I would use vmware server if had to do this, but that's just me...

jlc