[CentOS] What repo did this rpm come from? rpm-VVa failures on new install

Dave tdbtdb+centos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 01:01:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Robert Heller<heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:
> (I 'cheated' -- I have a pile of RPMs sitting in their proper
> places under /var/cache/yum/...).

I think this is the clue I needed. I also have such a pile, and
although it is not complete (wouldn't even need to know repo then, I'd
have all the rpms already), it should be sufficient to
reverse-engineer a map from vendors to repos. I'd forgotten that
directory was organized by source repo.

Side problem - I just have too many repos, I am probably asking for
trouble. At least I am running the priorities addon, which may save me
most of the time.

mahalo,
Dave

 ls /var/cache/yum
addons            rpmfusion-free-updates
adobe-linux-i386  rpmfusion-free-updates-testing
base              rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
epel              rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing
extras            timedhosts.txt
rpmforge          updates