[CentOS] yum repo priority

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:03:36 UTC 2009

Hey folks,

I'm setting up some kickstart files for our standard configs, and need
to install munin-node, which of course does not come from you folks,

So I set up the Dag Wieers repository but in the repo file I set it to
"disabled" so that it will never get used by mistake.

Then when adding munin-node I do :

yum --enablerepo=dag -y install munin-node

But that pulls in a bunch of dependencies.  And I'm not sure where it
will pull them from.  I know that Dag has basically everything, but I
only want to get munin-node from there.

How do I ensure this happens?   I could do a hack and now that I have
a list of dependencies I could precede the above call with another to
add those, but keep Dag repo turned off.

But I'd sooner understand more on how it works :-)

thanks,
-Alan