[CentOS] [Found] CentOS is dead, long live CentOS

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Sep 14 14:12:46 UTC 2009

On 09/14/2009 08:51 AM, Christoph Maser wrote:
> Am Montag, den 14.09.2009, 15:11 +0200 schrieb Johnny Hughes:
>
>> However, I am not sure WHY you want to know these things.  We do not
>> require anyone to donate to the project to use the software.  We do have
>> expenses (like DVDs to hand out, posters to print, rooms to pay for at
>> Linux conferences, bandwidth and machines for some services, etc.).  We
>> would not spend any donations on anything other than those things or to
>> pay developer expenses to maintain hardware and software required to
>> produce CentOS (replace a hard drive that fails, buy a network switch,
>> replace a bad power supply, pay for bandwidth, etc.)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Johnny Hughes
>

> I want to know it beacause I considered donating but my personal
> expectations for transparency are not met. (That does not only apply to
> the financial things)

Absolutely, and you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

I have already assured everyone that we will not accept donations until
we have something official in place with an approval committee to audit
all incoming funds and agree on all expenditures.  This committee will
have full  visibility.

As soon as we have details of exactly how that will happen, we will post
them.

I may be a few more weeks as we work through the details.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes