[CentOS] Wireless Printing

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 16 04:56:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:20:00 -0700
Bill Campbell wrote:

> One good thing about the HP splatjets is that they are designed so they
> don't clog after long periods of inactivity.

They may not clog, but they do dry out after a while.  I have a HP fax machine
that uses a black inkjet cartridge and while I don't receive very many faxes I
find that I have to replace my cartridge once in a while because it dries
out and stops working.  It still reads 50-75% full, but it doesn't print.

In hindsight I should probably have sprung for a laser fax machine but it would
have cost about twice as much as I paid for this inkjet.  But toner doesn't dry
out so I would have been ahead by now, I think....