[CentOS] Wireless Printing

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:13:35 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 15 September 2009 20:50:52 Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> My home network doesn't have any wireless access points (to slow) and
> I was iSCSI booting my wkst for a while:) Now I need to setup a printer
> so I was going to get an HP Photosmart C4580.

I print to my HP all-in-one via wireless, using hplip, so I can confirm that
hplip isn't likely to be your problem.

> The HPLIP page shows no network support:( I _was_ going to use a USB
> wireless nic I have and setup an ad-hoc to print to this thing.
>
> Anyone know anything that might make this work?

Your firs need is to make sure that you can get any kind of connection using
the usb thingumy.  Can your turn off wireless on any other device and try
getting it set up so that it works there?  I wouldn't  attempt it on the
printer until I was sure that I knew it works elsewhere - too many unknowns.

Anne