[CentOS] Dependency problem between cman and openais with last cman update

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Sep 16 16:58:51 UTC 2009

On 09/16/2009 11:52 AM, Alain RICHARD wrote:

> Le 16 sept. 2009 à 16:58, Karanbir Singh a écrit :
>
>> On 09/16/2009 03:33 PM, Miguel Sanchez wrote:
>>> My openais version is openais-0.80.3-22.el5_3.9. Their sources don't
>>> have that function defined.
>>
>> so, this is good feedback!
>>
>> I can push out the newer openais if that fix's the issues here. Can you
>> and push fix's from there.
>>
>> --
>> Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219 at icq
>
> In fact several errata today have been issued. Theses errata are
> recompiled for Centos from RHEL 5.4 errata.
>
> They are not supposed to be installed on Centos 5.3 because of
> dependency issues (one you have flagged is openais versus cman, but they
> are probably others also, for example between the new kernel and other
> parts of Centos like nfs, ext3, ext4, ...).
>
> Since currently Centos 5.4 is not avail, theses updates should probably
> not have been issued.
>
> Now that they are, I hope all the packages of Centos 5.4 will be made
> avail soon.

We can not make everyone happy ... we tested these packages in 5.3 and
had success in using them.  However, we know that their will be some
issues with a small number of people, as we can't test everything.

The reason these were released is because they are the "security
updates" of 5.4.

If something does not work, roll back to the 5.3 version of that package
by excluding it in your yum.conf.

These things do work for some people and we are trying to listen to the
community who said that they wanted the "security updates" first and the
other things later.