[CentOS] [Found] CentOS is dead, long live CentOS

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Wed Sep 16 18:12:08 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 16.09.2009, 19:27 +0200 schrieb Johnny Hughes:

> I STILL do not understand why anyone would care what CentOS does with
> money donated by people who used the product and wanted to donate.
>
> If we were having wild beer parties every week ... as long as the
> packages are built, compared, signed, and released on time, what
> difference does it make?
>
> If you don't trust the organization, then how in the world do you use
> it's software.
>
> If you do trust the software, then what difference does it make how
> money is spent or saved?
>
> You trust us enough to use our software for free ... but not enough to
> donate?  Then so be it ... that is what open source is all about.
>
> But open source is NOT about the users running the company.  It is about
> software freedom.

Actually i did not intend this to get so "money" biased. What i really
dislike is the "check here for updates" unchanged for 1+ month on the
front page. I don't want to run anything it just looks awkward to me.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach