[CentOS] generate core dump for process

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:37:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 13:34, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> the process is not a centos process. It is my program.
> I am logged in as root and I am running the process as root
> and I did run the "ulimit -c unlimited" as root.

Are you running your program just after the "ulimit" line?

Like this:

# ulimit -c unlimited
# myprog arg1 arg2 arg3

Is it possible that your program is overriding rlimit definitions?
Does "strings myprog | grep rlimit" return anything?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 13:52, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I need to not handle SIGSEGV in my program - then it generates
> a core file.

Does this mean you fixed your problem by removing a sighandler for
SIGSEGV? It's not clear to me if your problem is fixed or not...

HTH,
Filipe