[CentOS] multipath using defaults rather than multipath.conf contents for some devices (?) - why ?

McCulloch, Alan alan.mcculloch at agresearch.co.nz
Thu Sep 17 03:19:44 UTC 2009

thanks

whats being presented as reported by /proc/scsi/scsi
seems to match the keys in /etc/multipath.conf :

[root at illuminati scsi]# cat scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: Ultrium 3-SCSI   Rev: M23Z
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: HSV200           Rev: 6220
  Type:   RAID                             ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: HSV200           Rev: 6220
  Type:   RAID                             ANSI SCSI revision: 05
.
.
.
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 04
  Vendor: HP       Model: HSV400           Rev: 0952
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 05
  Vendor: HP       Model: HSV400           Rev: 0952
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 05
.
.
.

Thanks for the suggestion about setting the defaults - I'll check
with product vendor.

(Re the trailing whitespace after the product name - so some devices
present with a trailing whitespace in the name ?)

Still curious about why the defaults are being used.

cheers

Alan McCulloch