[CentOS] New sshd_config - what has changed?

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:31:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I see that there is a new sshd_config in the latest updates.
>
> Since I have altered the original file, this one got installed as .rpmnew
>
> It has two changes:
>
>  > #AddressFamily any
>
> So does this make it default to IPv4 only?

Depending upon the version of OpenSSH ( I built OpenSSH 5.2p1 from
source) I ended up having to set

      AddressFamily inet

in order to use IPV4 and X11 forwarding - presumably to avoid IPV6
high jacking of the X11 connection.

>  > #ChrootDirectory none
>

> Chroot is now an option for SSH?

     "We are drowning in information and starving for knowledge."

                                                          --
Rutherford D. Roger