[CentOS] sendpage package

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Sep 17 18:25:26 UTC 2009

Terry Polzin wrote:
> On Thursday 17 September 2009 12:23, Bowie Bailey wrote:
>
>> Is sendpage or some other alphanumeric paging program available from one
>> of the repos for CentOS 5?  I've checked rpmforge and epel.  I just
>> wanted to check to see if it might be available somewhere else before I
>> resort to building from source.
>>
> Distributed as a tar file www.sendpage.org.
>
> Are you sending to pagers or cell phones?
>
> I just echo a message and pipe it to mail  cellphone#@cellcarrier.com and that
> work to get text messages to cell phones.

I can use the tar file, but I was hoping to find it in a repo somewhere
to make it easier to keep up with any updates.

I'm sending to a pager.  This system monitors my network and let's me
know if there are any problems.  I'm using a pager because I want to
hear about it if my Internet connection goes down.  I couldn't find any
way to send a text message to a cell phone without relying on the
Internet connection.

--
Bowie