[CentOS] sendpage package

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Thu Sep 17 18:26:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:43:41PM -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Stephen Harris wrote:
> > Hylafax is in rpmforge and contains a sendpage implementation.
> >
> > (maybe overkill, but you get alphanumeric paging and fax handling :-))

> I saw the filename match for sendpage in Hylafax, but I wasn't sure if
> this was the the alphanumeric pager application or something to do with
> the fax service.
>
> Does the Hylafax sendpage implementation include the SNPP listener?

"sendpage" is an snpp client.  The hylafax "hfaxd" daemon contains an
SNPP listener if a pagermap is configured.

% ps -ef | grep snpp
uucp      4721     1  0 Aug09 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/hfaxd -s snpp -i hylafax

(This allows you to have multiple clients on different machines all talking
to a central pager server)

--

rgds
Stephen