[CentOS] program to hide X11 windows

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Sep 17 22:38:34 UTC 2009

hi all

I am looking for a program that will "hide" a window when it opens under
X11.
There is a program called devilspie but it requires gnome-panel to be
running to work.

On some of my workstations I dont have gnome-panel running.

So I was wondering if there is a program like devilspie that does not
require gnome-panel to be running to hide a program window.

The window I am trying to hide is the openoffice impress window
that edits the power point. I just want to show the power point.

is there such a program or is there a better method to not show the edit
window on impress
and just show the power point.

Thanks

Jerry