[CentOS] gdm-simple-greeter config?

David Fix davidf at mrxfx.com
Fri Sep 18 13:18:04 UTC 2009

grep face /home/<username> -r

:)

--
David Fix
Senior Systems Administrator
Mr. X Inc.

----- Original Message -----
From: "m roth" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 9:01:27 AM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] gdm-simple-greeter config?

> Greetings,
>
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 8:34 AM, mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> itxakaserrano at gmail.com wrote:

> There are couple of directories starting with '.' (i.e. hidden ones)
> pertaining to gnome .gconf, .gdm maybe you can find the answers there.
>
> /me putting up the sheild for hiding from "insufficient accuracy" missiles

Yeah, I always alias ll="ls -laF", so they're never hidden from me. <g>

Anyway, the situation is that users logging onto this system, as most of
our systems, get their home directory automounted. However, this guy
hasn't been on this system most of the time I've tried to find this error.

Based on that, it's got to be somewhere in a *system* file, not in a home
directory, yet it complains:
gdm-simple-greeter[2361]: GLib-GIO-WARNING: Missing callback called
fullpath = /home/<username>/.face#012

Now, I found /var/lib/gdm, and have looked under .config, .gconf, and
.gconfd, and not found it. I have also killed the simple greeter, and it
respawned, and started griping again.

So, where is it storing this, and, more important, *WHY* is it caching
this? Ideally, I'd like to not only clear whatever's causing it now, but
also change the relevant system configuration file so that it doesn't
happen again.

mark