[CentOS] gdm-simple-greeter config?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 15:49:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:42,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> grep face /home/<username> -r
>
> Please. I'm not "send me the directions how to set up ssl with my web
> server".
>
> I've tried, as last resorts,
> find /var -type f -exec grep -il <username>/.face {} \;
> and in addition to /var, I tried /etc and /tmp, and the *only* thing grep
> gave me were the logfiles that had the entries.

But you clearly have ADD or something...

The file is probably referred in one of the .gnome*/.gconf* files
inside the home directory. Just because the home is not mounted at the
time of login it doesn't mean that the gdm-greeter won't mount it,
then read its config files from there, then try to look for the
missing file.

It's probably related to a saved gnome session, so you could just log
in as that user and run the "gnome-session-save" command to see if the
issue will happen again on the next login.

HTH,
Filipe