[CentOS] Best way to backup and entire machine??

John Plemons john at mavin.com
Fri Sep 18 18:23:07 UTC 2009

The web machine uses a PHP shopping cart running atop MySQL, all of the
main and important information is kept as a part of the MySQL DB.  So
the main thing I would want to mirror is the application and the DB.
I'm a surplus dealer, so hardware isn't a big issue, I have extra
servers that can be up in a couple of hours without any big layout of money.
I'm just looking for the best way to keep down time to a minimum and as
always to KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid.  Simple to manage, simple to
maintain...

John