[CentOS] Inquiry:How to check the presence of internal Bluetooth decive?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 24 07:39:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:30:47 +0100
hadi motamedi wrote:

> Please find below the reply on my CentOS server :
> "#rpm -qil lshw
> package lshw is not installed"

Now you know why /usr/sbin/lshw doesn't exist on your computer.

You will achieve better results and waste less of your (and others) time if
you pay more attention.  This directly contradicts what you said here:

> Please be informed that I tried for "yum install
> lshw" and it seemed that my CentOS server installed it from the Web .

Obviously, that didn't happen.

If you're in doubt about what, if anything, you install using a yum command,
read the logfile at /var/log/yum.log and see what it tells you.  When working
directly from the commandline that's not normally required because yum provides
you with a relatively complete status report on your terminal as it goes about
its business.  But you do have to read what it's telling you.

I just checked and lshw comes from the epel repository.  You can install and
activate the epel repository so you can use "yum install lshw", or you can
download the rpm directly from one of the epel mirrors and install it with the
rpm -i command. Your choice.