[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:56:44 UTC 2009

Tiago Almeida wrote:
> IMHO,
>
> I think Fedora is a good choice for Desktop (Although i'm a Debian
> fan), because it's RPM based distro and if you get used to it you'll
> be also at CentOS.
>
> I totally agree that for servers CentOS or RHCE is a good choice.

Hi

Sorry, but Fedora is no longer a good desktop choice. I was a Fedora
user, but the distribution is pushing to far the idea of cutting edge
features.

Now I use Ubuntu in my laptop for the same reason presented before by
others. CentOS in great for technical workstations (I use and install
for the engineers in the company) and servers.

Regards

Marcelo