[CentOS] Software Raids Questions (I have only ever used hardware?)

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 20:49:22 UTC 2009

2009/9/27  <aurfalien at gmail.com>:
> you must format those drive to the desired fs after raiding them

Those where my initial thoughts, damn it!  Hmm, going to have to bring
a sand box server home from work, oh the hassle.
Thanks for the confirmation though.
> md (software raid mechanism or watever u wanna call it) allows u to
> grow so if your raid is formatted with an fs that allows u to grow,
> then u r good to go (lvm will allow u to grow).

This was also my current belief, again thanks for confirming that.

Regards
James ;)
--

Stephen Leacock  - "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue
that I shall some day die, which is not so." -