[CentOS] Software Raids Questions (I have only ever used hardware?)

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Sep 28 02:02:15 UTC 2009

aurfalien at gmail.com wrote:
> so you're giving advice based on what you're read?

1) You do not use --grow to add a device.

2) You do not use --add to grow a device

3) I did not give advice

> know that my advice is stuff i've actually done.

Oh no doubt. Does that mean you do not make mistakes?

BTW, the question was: Can you convert a RAID0 to a RAID5? and the
answer is YES from both Neil Brown and Karanbir's post. The only part
where I was wrong was I thought it was already implemented. If you want
to call that 'giving advice' then hey, feel free.