[CentOS] External Backup Systems?

M. Hamzah Khan hamzah at hamzahkhan.com
Mon Sep 28 02:06:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 18:24 -0500, Eric Clark wrote:
> NAS has actually gotten very effective
>
> You may want to take a look at the D-Links and Buffalo NAS Servers for
> having the backup info on.
>

> This may be a very good alternative over the long run as well becuase
> the NAS will be on 24/7 and draw alot less electricity than a full
> blown server..

Well my server will be on 24/7 anyway as it runs as my mail server and
webserver anyway.

Besides, a NAS is really just a glorified mini-server with a simplified
management system.

I could quite easily replicate all of its features on a Linux machine
using standard tools. Thats not really what I wanted although so far it
seems that this is the only real feasible route considering the amount
of data that needs to be backed up.