[CentOS] External Backup Systems?

John Austin ja at jaa.org.uk
Mon Sep 28 08:09:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 03:17 +0100, M. Hamzah Khan wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 21:10 -0400, Robert Heller wrote:
> >

> > > Hey everyone,
> > >
> > > My home server just had a disk failure a few weeks ago and like a lot of
> > > people I haven't ever really made backups on a regular basis. So I was
> > > looking into backup solutions which will save me from this situation
> > > again.

Hi

Why not use external eSATA/USB disks which are only connected and
powered up when required.

Very simple, very low disk usage, unlikely to fail ?
Multiple copies if required
Not power surge vulnerable
Can be stored off site

For day to day incremental backup eSATA/USB 32GB Throttle stick
Reasonably fast - in my pocket

John