[CentOS] CentOS for non-tech user

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:24:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Tait Clarridge <tait at clarridge.ca> wrote:

> CentOS is great for server use and if you want to learn CentOS for use
> as a server, Fedora is a great place to start because they are both
> redhat based. Chances are that if you got something to work in Fedora,
> you can get it to work in CentOS (maybe with a few extra tweaks).

I don't have any servers. I like CentOS on my desktop and my laptop
just because it's solid. It's also the Linux distribution of choice
for most Asterisk platforms -- which I intend to (eventually) learn.
(I'm a telephone tech, who is eventually going to have to go VOIP.)

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3