[CentOS] ftp issue in Centos 5.3

Wed Sep 30 02:53:04 UTC 2009

On 9/29/09, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
> I manage a small server that I back up weekly. I do this by making a
> tarball of relevant files then transferring it over the local subnet
> to my station (Fedora 11), whereupon I burn it to DVD. There is no
> optical burner on the server. The tarball amounts to a bit under 5
> gigs. Recently I've started getting an error telling me to try PASV or
> PORT first. I use the gFTP client on my machine and as far as I know
> there is no option in this program to use either option either locally
> or remotely (on the server.)
>
> Any ideas on this one?

I use gFTP to transfer small files to/from one of my web sites. Are
you using a proxy? In the Options, for FTP, there is an "Ignore PASV
address".  You may want to Google for this error and surf over to
http://www.gftp.org/  Strange that you began getting these errors and
I wonder if it has to do with your Fedora 11 box and not your server.
   GL