[CentOS] How to autoconfigure network?

happymaster23 happymaster23 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:29:39 UTC 2009

Thank you,

I am trying to make list of needed changes. So - first line of
ifcfg-eth* is commented full name of adapter (no sense). Only one
think that should be changed is HWADDR. This file is in three
directories (/etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth*,
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth* and
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth*). Other thing,
that should be changed is /etc/modprobe.conf - there should be changed
name of driver connected to name of interface. So if I am swapping to
Intel´s 1000 family, there should be e1000e.

Is there anything that what I forgot?