[CentOS] pkcs#11, openssl, etc

Wed Sep 16 23:02:26 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

anyone know anything about using openssl 0.9.7b in EL4 w/ pkcs#11
supported smartcard/etokens?

I need to figure out how to set this up so a webclient application can
use token based certificate with a https connection to the tomcat xmlrpc
server with a minimum of fuss.  the actual client app is in python but
will be using m2Crypto which in turn uses openssl.

i CAn find lots on login w/ tokens, and web browser with tokens, but
very few clues about doing this with openssl.   supposedly the hardware
token support was a patch/hack for openssl 0.9.6 and is an available
compile option in .7b which is what EL4 uses...

I've searched upstream's KB without finding anything useful...