[CentOS] ftp issue in Centos 5.3

Tue Sep 29 23:10:48 UTC 2009
Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com>

I manage a small server that I back up weekly. I do this by making a
tarball of relevant files then transferring it over the local subnet
to my station (Fedora 11), whereupon I burn it to DVD. There is no
optical burner on the server. The tarball amounts to a bit under 5
gigs. Recently I've started getting an error telling me to try PASV or
PORT first. I use the gFTP client on my machine and as far as I know
there is no option in this program to use either option either locally
or remotely (on the server.)

Any ideas on this one?

Dave

--
When addiction becomes commonplace in a society, people become
addicted not only to alcohol and drugs, but to a thousand other