[CentOS] Support for add disk SCSI

Tue Sep 8 18:17:12 UTC 2009
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Luis campo wrote:

> Dear Sirs.
>

> I have a ML370 G4 server with 2 disk SCSI Ultra 320 of 300 GB in RAID-1
> through a controller and operating system CentOS 4.7.
>

> My question: CentOS 4.7 could support the expansion of capacity by adding
> 6 disks SCSI Ultra 320 of 300GB in Raid-1?

Are you wanting to extend the existing 2 disk array to be an
8 disk array or are you adding a 2nd 6-disk array?

I think both can be supported, though the second option is
quite a bit simpler, I've done this myself tons of times though
using fiber channel or iSCSI, which uses the same SCSI protocol
as far as the OS is concerned.

nate