[CentOS] redhat spacewalk

Fri Sep 11 18:37:01 UTC 2009
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>Thanks, but that doesn't help much with my question since I haven't used
>RHN either.  I'd like to have some comprehensive
>inventory/monitoring/deployment tool but it has to work across different
>platforms.  Ocsinventory-ng works for computer hardware/software
>inventory and has some (not very usable) deployment features,  OpenNMS
>can monitor about anything, Racktables can show layouts and store
>configurations, but each of these have separate databases and interfaces
>with big conceptual differences.  Is there anything that combines the
>operations that people actually have to do to mange data centers in one
>(preferably free) tool?

Well it looks like it does rhel/centos/fedora/solaris which just leaves windows
for me. (Caught the Solaris bit off the wiki)

What don't you like about Ocsinventory-ng?

OpenNMS is very nice:) Too much learning curve, no time atm. I use Nagios, and
would love to move off it to Zenoss but it looks like the support around zenoss
isn't as good.

Thanks,
jlc