[CentOS] (OT) OpenOffice.org calc chart strangeness.

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Mon Apr 5 03:16:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010, Pascal Robert wrote:

>Le 2010-04-02 à 20:19, Bill Campbell a écrit :
>> The Linux tie-in is that I'm getting data from a postgresql database that
>> lives on a Linux box, and none of the fancy commercial products seem to be
>> able to use it in their data sources.

>You should be able to connect to it with a ODBC driver for pgsql, Excel on
>both Windows and OS X should be able to talk to it by ODBC.

Connecting OpenOffice.org/NeoOffice to postgresql isn't a problem
using the JDBC drivers (which seems to be the logical choice
given the Java heritage of StarOffice->OpenOffice.org.  I have
been connecting them to postgresql and mysql for year now.

My problem is that OO/NeoOffice charts don't seem to take the
first column of data as the X-Axis, but put everything on the
Y-Axis which doesn't make sense to me.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these acceptance
speeches there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven.
    Will Rogers