[CentOS] Cron and Cluster

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Tue Apr 6 11:10:04 UTC 2010

>I dont quite get clearly what it is that you are looking to achieve
>here, but rather than cron - have you considered a more adept job
>scheduling / orchestrating tool ? there are some very nicely done open
>source ones out there.

I have a filesystem that mounts only on the active node of an n-way
rhcs based active/passive cluster. I want a scheduling system that
can store its conf on the shared fs and be started by the cluster
service.

I have an interim solution while I research, do you have any personal
reco's for job scheduling daemons?

Thanks!
jlc