[CentOS] ssh-agent

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Apr 6 18:13:51 UTC 2010

>> <snip>
>>> it.   But, you don't have to start one at all because normal X startup
>>> will do it for you - and correctly.  You only need to run ssh-add.
>>
>> "Normal X startup" - do you mean login, in runlevel 5, or do you mean
>> runlevel 3, and startx?
>
> These are both infinitely configurable, but I think the defaults end up
> running /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc or /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession any way you do
> it.  So the answer is yes.

So, if I'm in runlevel 5, login should start it, correct?

Except that the more I think about it, the more I'm back to my original
problem: if it automagically starts it, why does it not automagically STOP
it when I log out, the way it does every other of my processes, except for
something I explicitly backgrounded (I mean, I remember when I had to
nohup things like that)?

        mark