[CentOS] [Fwd: Re: DHCP server and Windows XP clients : set hostname ?]

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 01:51:38 UTC 2010

>> http://www.microlinux.fr/doc_en_stock/dhcp.html

> Amazing! So as a malicious employee, all I have to do is run a DHCP
> server that dishes out host names with the adress leases and then AD
> will be ruined as DNS records will be wrong and computers won't match
> their accounts in AD?

Boxes that are members of an AD will not accept leases from a dhcp
server that has not been authorized as a dhcp server in the AD.

This setup is for a home network of stand-alone boxes.

And at the end of the article, they are also leasing addresses to
Linux boxes and checking whether they are successful in the
dhclient-ethX.leases file.