[CentOS] VPN

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 16:04:44 UTC 2010

cahit Eyigünlü wrote:
> Unfotunately i have to solve this based on software
> i need to isolate each company to protect their info from others
> i have 3 companies
> and last one thing i need to see each company's traffic statics for long
> time periods. and i need to be able to limit their traffics
> that is all ,
> but as i see on open vpn i could not group users.i have a cisco router
> which i could see the traffic of my servers external  ip addresses so i
> decide to see them from there via giving each company one external ip to
> connect to internet .
> but i could not decide yet how to do it :)
> is there any body have an advice for me ?

I don't understand the role of a vpn here.  Normally you would split address
ranges and use firewalling (iptables on linux, access control lists on a cisco)
on the interfaces where they connect.  So your 3 companies would simply be split
into different subnets with routing between them blocked on the device where
they connect.  A VPN is used if you need to connect things through a firewall
that would otherwise block it - you might use that for your administrative
access through the firewalls of for portions of companies in remote locations.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com