[CentOS] file sharing?

Roland Roland

R_O_L_A_N_D at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 10 16:33:28 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've inherited from a previous It personnel a centos server which works as a fileserver and at the same time has one Vmware (windows xp) working on it.
due to file server data load, the windows xp services get unreachable until the data transfer from the fileserver itself slows down..
the NIC max out its transfer speed..
the same server has two * 1 GB nics
one is currently being used..
my question is this:

is there a way to make the afp/smb services work only one ONE nic..
in other words users accessing the shared files from a specific NIC..
that way I can divide the load. file transfers goes from one NIC and windows services gets reached from the other..(different IPs)
doo all this make any sense? is there any other way of solving this (other than moving the VM elsewhere) ?

thanks in advance for yoru help

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5015 (20100410) __________

http://www.eset.com