[CentOS] ulimit [SOLVED]

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Sun Apr 11 02:25:47 UTC 2010

> I need to to change the ulimit to 16384(ulimit -n 16384) on boot on
> Centos 5.4 64 bit.  How do I do that?

After replying to you, I tested the "solution" I gave you and it didn't
work.

I found a working solution. I added the following line to /etc/profile:

ulimit -n 16384

This works as the general default setting. If you want to apply the
setting to a particular user, you should add it to the .bash_profile
file in the user's home directory.

I know it works because I just tested it and it survived the server's
reboot. I ran "ulimit -a" and the new value was there.

Please excuse me for the involuntary mislead. I was pretty sure that it
did work "once upon a time"...