[CentOS] Installing a .ko file?

Benjamin Franz jfranz at freerun.com
Mon Apr 12 16:32:05 UTC 2010

Slack-Moehrle wrote:
> Hi Benjamin,
>

>> Have you tried it without installing the vendor driver? That board
>> should be old enough to be supported natively. I use 9550SX boards
>> without any problems.
>>

> Can you tell me the process you take? I dont see drives available, I believe they are being exported to the OS though. I took my 8x1.5tb drives, went into the card setup and set each one as a single drive and when the machine boots, the card says they are exported.
>
> What can I try to ensure that CentOS is seeing them?

If you are using the current CentOS (make sure that you are using 5.4
with the current kernel - it probably is not enough to be using bare
un-updated 5.0 or some such old version) just type

 fdisk -l /dev/sda

which should give you something similar to this:

Disk /dev/sda: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

changing '/dev/sda' to sdb through sdh or whatever is appropriate to
your system to check each exported drive.

--
Benjamin Franz