[CentOS] How Do I ...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 16:44:51 UTC 2010

On 4/14/2010 11:16 AM, Christoph Maser wrote:

>> Nice paper by Michael..  What I do is disable all the nics in the bios
>> via console rdir of drac 3 -5.  Enable one at a time to install then
>> enable the other integrated nics.  Then have the the other nic hardware
>> installed.  Can also be done remote or local. It eases the frustration.
>> Then you have them in the order you want.
>>
>> John
>>

> We use spacewalk integraed cobbler for installation it takes the mac
> addresses as input for nic configuration and cares about that problem in
> a nice way.

I usually build disk images to be installed in other locations in
as-yet-unknown machines - so the guy installing ends up plugging in one
cable at a time, using mii-tool to see which link came up, and assigning
the IP for that subnet, then going to the next.  Not handy, but it works
and doesn't take that much more time than dealing with MAC addresses would.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com