[CentOS] iTunes on CentOS??

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Wed Apr 14 19:36:17 UTC 2010

On 04/13/2010 05:26 PM ken wrote:
> On 04/13/2010 05:08 PM ken wrote:
>> Anyone know how to download and play stuff from itunes.apple.com
>> (without having to use Windows or Mac)?
>>

> Apparently iTunes installs and runs on wine.  I'm gonna try that.  Stay
> tuned....

Well, I got wine installed, but iTunesSetup.exe cannot complete its
installation.  It starts up, downloads files, but spits out a lot of
error messages of the type:

err:module:import_dll Library icuuc40.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Apple\\Apple Application
Support\\CoreFoundation.dll") not found

Then it says, Can't install. Try again later.

Has anyone gotten iTunes running on wine?

tia,
ken