[CentOS] Building an "instant on" X terminal

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 00:41:40 UTC 2010

Stephen Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 04:37:21PM -0400, Reynolds McClatchey wrote:
>> Install the image for a t5725 from a USB stick. Very cool.
>
> Huh.  A small version of Debian Etch.  Boots (once POST has complted)
> in under 25 seconds.
>
> Hmm, old versions of software, and "apt-get upgrade" causes the system
> to die (root disk filled out) but definitely a possibility.

If it gets you to a point where you can 'X -query server', the software versions
  probably don't matter much.  You really run everything from the server anyway.

I thought there used to be several projects to boot into a thin client.
Thinstation, tcos, pxes, etc. but I haven't followed them since starting to use
NX/freenx.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com