[CentOS] memory leak observed with valgrind on CentOS release 5.4 (Final)

Jai Prakash

jprakash at dgit.biz
Fri Apr 16 04:20:53 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Not sure exactly a memory leak or not. I was porting my nagios from
Redhat 7.3 to CentOS 5.4 and I observed the memory usage was gradually
increasing on the new centos box.

When I ran all my perl plugins with Valgrind -3.2.1, all the plugins
complained about a memory leak. Not sure if it's a leak or if its fault
with valgrind way of evaluating things.

I have attached valgrind output when i ran a simple hello-world.pl on my
centos box.

I shall greatly appreciate if anyone have faced similar behaviour.

Thanks,

Jai Prakash