[CentOS] CentOS-friendly wiki engine ?

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sun Apr 18 08:09:25 UTC 2010

> IMHO MediaWiki is the best software for wikis, is the one more documented,
> more used and with more extensions; but in the end is a matter of what do
> you want to do and how much magic you want to have in your wiki :D

I also would recommend MediaWiki for these reasons.

The only drawback is the lack of a fine grained authorization
mechanism: you cannot give write access to some pages and not others,
or if you try there are flaws to be aware of (cf. [1])

What I tend to do for "sensitive" data is to create one MediaWiki
database per private project (reusing the same MediaWiki code, see
[2]).

But if you want to have only one set of authorized users, all with
write access, MediaWiki is a very good choice.

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Security_issues_with_authorization_extensions
[2] http://booleandreams.wordpress.com/2007/06/12/running-multiple-instance-of-mediawiki-on-the-same-server-using-the-same-source-code/