[CentOS] iSCSI / GFS shared web server file system

jchase

jchase at mandaladesigns.com
Thu Apr 22 22:38:26 UTC 2010

We currently have a MD3000i with an iSCSI LUN shared out to our apache web
server. We are going to add another apache web server into the mix using
LVS to load balance, however, I am curious how well iSCSI handles file
locking and data integrity. I have the iSCSI partition formatted as ext3.

Is my setup totally flawed and will ext3 not allow for data integrity with
multiple apache hosts reading/writing to the shared storage? Am I required
to also setup GFS across my apache hosts or does iSCSI somehow manage this?

Thanks for helping clear this up,
James