[CentOS] Aide error "Caught SIGBUS/SEGV"

Bowie Bailey

Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Apr 29 18:51:09 UTC 2010

One of my servers has recently started giving an error every time I run
"aide --check".  I ran it manually twice today with the same results.
The second time, I added the -V flag, but that didn't give me anything
useful.  The system is currently running CentOS 5.3.

Nothing on the system has changed recently (that I am aware of).  The
Aide database hasn't been updated in a few months.

This is the error I am seeing:

Caught SIGBUS/SEGV while mmapping. File was truncated while aide was
running?
Caught SIGBUS/SEGV. Exiting

I tried Googling for it, but didn't find anything helpful.

Any ideas?

--
Bowie